Thursday, July 30, 2009

Real estate bad mouthing...

I'm no fool, I know Durham has a bad reputation among many in the Triangle and I've tried to get to a place where it doesn't bother me. Most recently I've actually tried to be happy about our bad image as represented in my last post. But, despite my efforts I'm mad again. This recent blog post at Bull City Rising got me wondering if it's ever going to stop. Check out the post and consider trying the Indy's experiment yourself to see what the results are, I'm going to try it at lunch.
No matter what happens I'm falling more and more in love with this city every day and I'm proud to call it home. I guess I'm just troubled by the fact that not so many others may get this chance because they're steered away.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I know the housing market is competitive, but really!

    I used to be scared of Durham. First of all, it's confusing to get around in. Second, you can go from safe place to scary place really fast. I had been living in the Triangle for years before working in Durham and asked during the job interview (to work in a teen group home) if it was safe. I still got the job.

    We've loved living here the past 3 years and have always been totally safe and our property values have been fine.

    ReplyDelete